Friday, May 02, 2008

May 1 - Reunion Day!

I started my day at 6am, heading towards the house of my brother. His house is more than 10kms away from our house. No one stays in his house when he's not in our city.

My brother and his family is now staying in Manila. They come home every vacation like the months of April to May as well as December.

My parents with my sisters and me, went to his house for their arrival. We clean the house and the surroundings. We also cook food for them.

We are always excited for their home coming. Every year, I look forward to meeting them in the airport or in the port area.

So May 1 in my calendar is marked for another reunion with my brother and his family. We meet them at the airport at 4pm.

Another reunion set on the same day is together with my college classmates and batchmates. Our first reunion after college, college was 9 years ago.

During our college days our school offered 3 courses for engineering: BSEE, BSECE, and BSCompE. I remember that on the first year, there were two sections. Designated sections were: I-A and I-B. Where each sections have 45 students per class. Only 90 students in first year.

Luckily, during the reunion, each courses were represented. However, only from I-B were present. One is an EE, three are CompE, four are ECE, and one who did not make it to finished a course but married on from the group.

We enjoyed seeing each other, and talking with each other. Some were married, and some like me were still single. Worked within the city, while others worked overseas. We missed those who were not present.

As we eat and drink, we also sing along the videoke midi player. We were at Galam Recreation Hall, in a private room number 7. The videoke private room costs P150 per hour and up, depends on how big the room.

Our last song at 11:30pm called it a day.

No comments: