Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pit Señor San Agustine!

Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity.~ St. Augustine quotes

Viva Señor San Agustine!

Yes today let me pay tribute to the fiest of Saint Agustine. This link will lead you to knowing what his life was in the catholic enclylopedia.

Here in Cagayan de Oro, we celebrate this fiest every August 28. Every year people look forward to it. Specially in the church, where there are several activities related to the celebration.

The City government of Cagayan de Oro, recently passed a city ordinance, declaring August 28 as a special non-working holiday for the city. That is why in our office we are not required to work. Am lucky, I should say, I don't have to work on this day or if I would, I'll be paid more than twice as an over time.

There's a street dancing competion held last August26. And several dance troupes participated in the parade of street dances. I think Barangay Carmen of this city won the major price of this year's dance festival. And August 27 is a parade of floats. Several creatively made floats were on the streets.

Concerts in different malls were also held. Some shows also were held, some were for free and some were costly. Some events highlighted specific product brands and some showcase several mindanao products.

Of course, the highlight of this year's celebration, was the search for Miss Kagay-an 2008. The search showcase 15 beauties proudly from this city.

I guess for me, the most important thing, is to attend the mass. As early as 7AM tomorrow, I aim to hear the mass with KSD family. I do hope everyone enjoys the city fiesta. I also hope I eat a lot without having a problem digesting hehehe. God bless us always!

Kagay-an Events Held:
Aug 18-19
LONG BOAT RACE
CDO RIVER
7:00 AM

Aug 22-28
AGRI-INDUSTRIAL FAIR
PROV’L. CAPITOL GROUNDS
9:00 AM – 8:00 PM

Aug 24-28
REGIONAL TRADE FAIR
LIMKETKAI CENTER
10:0 AM – 8:00 PM

Aug 25-26
WHITE WATER RAFTING COMPETITION
CDO RIVER
7:00 AM

Aug 25
MISS KAGAY-AN TOURISM PAGEANT/ CORONATION NIGHT
LIMKETKAI CENTER ATRIUM
7:30 PM

Aug 26
STREET DANCING
- Starting Point
7:00 AM
- Showdown
Kiosko Kagawasan
MPSC Grounds
9:30 AM

Aug 27
FLOAT PARADE
- Starting Point
7:30 AM
- Viewing Deck for VIP’s/Judges
7:30 AM onwards
- Ending/Final Judging
Limketkai Center
In Front of DOT 10 Office, Pelaez Sports Center
Kiosko Kagawasan
10:00 AM


Happy Fiesta to all Kagayan-anons!!!



...

1 comment:

my blog said...

I have bookmarked your blog.Nice post.


Jeep Parts