Sunday, January 04, 2009

Flash Back of Jan.4, 2009

Today, the rain stopped at 10AM. I saw sunlight, and glad to do some laundry as well. I finished my laundry and very glad to save water, because I used stocked rain water in our tank to wash my clothes.
At 4PM, I went to the mall to send my brother a package at LBC. Then I attended a mass at the church beside the mall. By the way, on my way to the mall, I passed by one of the bridges and so happy to see that the river water level was already low. I feel so blessed today.
A high school classmate, LP in her homecoming, who came all the way from US, invited us over for a dinner at their house. With my other six of my high school classmates, we meet at dunkin and LP fetched us.
We went to Aluba, I don't know the name of the subdivision, but it is a great big house. We went inside for a dinner and chitchat. We also tour around the house. I also learn that below that high land where we were, was the place affected by the flash flood.
Upon going home, we were able to pass the Macasandig Gym full of evacuees. I can't believe they all lost their homes. Because of the flash flood the other day, their houses were swept away by the waters. Some cows were also swept by the water. The floating restaurant of this city was also destroyed.
Also upon passing by the newly opened bridge, the bridge connecting Carmen and Macasandig, I learned that the rotonda the other day was filled with water. The said bridge was not used and that it caused heavier traffic in the city. I can't imagine how high the water that day and how many travelers were stranded.
I feel the need to write this blog, to ask assistance to those who can help. One of my classmates, Kagawad CRada of Barangay Consolasion, was not able to be with us that night because she was busy preparing goods for the affected families of the said incident in their area too. I was thinking my blog can make my readers extend help to those who need.
Let's pray that calamities become a blessing to us to help us realize that we have so much to give and share and help. May we become a blessing to each other always. God bless us!
...

No comments: