Monday, April 14, 2008

Justified Anger

Today's reflection in Didache (didache-a daily bible reflections for Catholics), made mention about anger. It says a lot about me.

The light switch is like getting angry now and be cool in another minute. Yes I do that at home and almost anywhere. Specially with someone I know or some one I love. It is so easy to get angry then erase it in my senses since they are my friends or loved ones. My anger management is an "A" for me.

But something happened in October of 2003. I got angry with someone because of what he did to a family member. I do not know him and I doubt him, I never cared for him. It is so easy to just hate him or get angry with him for the rest of my life.

I would say I justified my anger over him. I was so angry because I was hurt of what this person have done to my loved one. Because I can't think of how he could simply hurt my family. The family I love most.

So I shed tear and offered a prayer. I tried to seek God's guidance, because it is so hard for me bearing the heartaches with anger. I felt so sorry about the situation and was angry.

December of that same year I attended the Christening of the son of one of my relatives, a close college batch mate in Bukidnon. During the homily, the message was about forgiving. The priest gave a scenario related to forgiveness. What the priest said "Sinners are sorry and having a hard time admitting their wrongdoings, it can be of great help if we give them prayers and forgiveness," strike me most.

After hearing that mass I felt so light, I was able to release my anger and was able to surrender the pain in my heart. Conspiracy in that Mass convinced me to forgive, my Lord healed me!

No comments: